Sunday, November 8, 2009

Lord of the Flies! The Movie!


Today I watched the movie the Lord of the Flies. I’m going to be blogging about the differences between the book and the movie and my reaction to the movie.

In the beginning of the book, the characters are all split up in the forest. In the movie, they are paddling to land on a raft. Another difference is that the pilot of the plane is on the island with the boys in the movie. The pilot wanders away from camp and they think he is the beast. In the book, the pilot was never known to be on the island. Sam and Eric chose to go to Jack’s side in the movie while they were forced to join his side in the book. The film was made in 1990. This version of Lord of the Flies was set at that time. I know this because in the movie, they talked about television shows that were playing in 1990. The book was set in the 1950’s.

In my opinion, I liked the book more than the movie. The book was more detailed and entertaining. In the book, I understood more about what the characters were feeling and thinking. I imagined the characters different than they were. The only character that resembled by imagination was Jack. Like I pictured, he was nasty and mean. Usually books are better than movies because movies cannot live up to your imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment